We took a trip to a Farmers market this morning to get our weekly veggies. On our way out, there was a woman selling food. I tried her soup and it was pretty tasty! Yup, you guessed it! It was so good I had to whip up a soup of my own for dinner! I hope you like it as much as I did!
Vegetarian Curry Soup (GF/V/DF)
3 Cloves Garlic
1 tsp. olive or sesame oil
6 Cups Water
4 Small Red Potatoes (Quartered with peel)
4 Carrots (Sliced or Julienned)
1 Celery Stalk (Chopped)
6-8 Fresh Green Beans (Cut into small pieces)
1 – 4 inch piece of parsnip (Thinly Sliced)
1 T Muchi Curry Powder
1 Large Handful of Baby Kale
1/3 Cup Coconut Milk (optional-not shown in photo)
1. Mince garlic then brown in pan with 1 tsp oil.
2. Add water, potato, carrots, parsnip, green beans, and celery.
3. Bring to a quick boil, then reduce to simmer.
4. Add curry powder and simmer for 45 minutes.
5. Turn stove off and toss in the baby kale. Mix so kale will lightly wilt from heat.
6. Add coconut milk and enjoy!
Let me know what you think!