Today I made a couple batches of some very special raw energy bars. These were developed for my two youngest children with their input of ingredients!
I asked them if they wanted a smoothie for snack, but they decided they wanted other superfoods!
What parent in their right mind would say no to a healthy, packed with omega’s, fiber rich, snack?
It was so easy, even kids could make this (with supervision using processor of course!)
Z-Bar a.k.a. Raw Energy Bar (made especially for my lil guy, Zac)
1/2 C Organic Oats (not the quick oats)
1/8 – 1/4 C Raw Almonds
1/8 C Raw Pumpkin Seeds
1 T (Heaping) of Almond Butter
1. Process nuts and oats til crumbly, then put into a bowl and set aside
2. Soak dates for about 15 minutes & remove pits
3. Process dates
4. After you process the dates, add almond butter and dry ingredients and process til mixture begins to stick together. You can add a couple T of water if mixture is too dry.
5. In a small pan (6 x 9) or smaller for thicker bars, press mixture down firmly.
6. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, then cut into squares or bars & enjoy!
J-Bar (made for my other lil guy, Jake)
Follow Z-Bar Recipe above and add:
1/2 C of raisins
1/4 Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
*Follow Z-Bar instructions, and process *raisins with the dates and add *coconut with the other dry ingredients